Understanding the heating requirements for your self-build project is the key to getting the most from an air-source heat pump.
We regularly work with those who are embarking on a self-build project and where possible we like to be involved as early as possible in the project. Although the heat pump does physically replace a boiler as the heat source, its operational characteristics are very different and must be accommodated and understood .Air source heat pumps are an ideal solution with a self-build project but a number of things need to be considered early on. With our range of experience in this area we can ensure that everything runs smoothly and you can the most from your air source heat pump.
There are many benefits including:
- They provide a low carbon footprint
- You could potentially receive payments by producing your own heat through the UK’s Renewable Heat Incentive
- Save more on your next energy bill
- They have a long lifespan with proper care they can be operational for up to 20 years
- It only requires a few days to install air source heat pump
- They should be cleaned every few months and serviced by a technician once a year
- No fuel storage is needed
As part of our initial quotation we can show you the expected running costs for your future heating requirements and also the expected payback time for the system.
Typical Running Costs
- For a four bedroom home built to Building Regulations’ standard, expect running costs of £703 per year for an ASHP, based on a SCOP of 3.2
- A newish gas boiler, with an efficiency of 90%, will cost around £900 a year to run
What’s more air source heat pumps can qualify for the government renewable heat incentive (RHI) a financial incentive that pays you for generating your own heat through renewable technology.
To find out if you qualify for financial incentives, or if you would like to know more about why air source heat pumps are a great solution for self builds then please Contact Us.